Heavy Equipment/Commercial Fleet Trainer - Municipal Group of Companies
The Municipal Group of Companies, based in Bedford Nova Scotia, is a large, diversified organization engaged in all major aspects of the heavy civil construction, mining and environmental services within the Atlantic Provinces. We are currently seeking a Heavy Equipment/Commercial Fleet Trainer to join our Training department based out of Saint John, New Brunswick.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluation of drivers & equipment operators
- Perform evaluations on commercial drivers to assess professional skills
- Training operators on small/heavy equipment
- Standardize tools used by commercial drivers (e.g. trip inspection forms & logbook/ELD)
- Participate in snow operations training
- Training new employees and working with existing employees with commercial vehicles & on small/heavy equipment
- Working with various MGOC stakeholders at different locations
- Must be willing to travel to different provinces
- Working with other trainer(s) and mentor(s) at various MGOC locations
- The ability to learn & teach various theory classes
- Assist in developing, maintaining, and update standard procedures & programs for training
- Willing to learn how to operate new equipment & commercial units
- Familiarize yourself with new & different commercial units & equipment in MGOC
- Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Grade 12 education
- 5 + years in the commercial trucking industry
- 5 + experience in the operation of heavy equipment or a similar combination of training and experience
- Must possess a valid class 1 driver’s license
- Experienced with hauling heavy equipment & different trailers
- Proficient in the operation and maintenance of heavy civil construction equipment (i.e. Off highway trucks, loader, excavator, dozer, etc).
- Good comprehension of the mechanics of the equipment
- Proven experience in group facilitation and projects
- Motivated individual that works well with others & has a positive attitude
- Oral and written communications skills
- Computer literacy with MS Office products
- Interpersonal relations skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow and enforce safety rules and utilize appropriate safety equipment
- Firm understanding of the Motor Vehicle Act, regulations, and legislation (Federal, Provincial, and local)
- Environmental background with Refuse trucks would be an asset
A comprehensive compensation package is offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Attention: Jessica Wilson
Via Email: email@example.com
Please reference “Commercial Fleet Trainer NB” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.