Helpers - REgroup
REgroup, a division of The Municipal Group of Companies, is an Environmental Services company that services the HRM. For over 20 years, the Regroup has been providing integrated waste collection, management and recycling services.. We are currently looking for Helpers to be based out of our Lower Sackville, NS location.
The Helper is responsible to for assisting with garbage collection services in order to ensure that garbage is collected, transported and disposed of in an appropriate manner.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the operation of the garbage truck and assigned daily route in a safe and effective manner in order to minimize the risk of injury, property damage or loss of life
- Collect garbage from buildings, businesses and other facilities as per schedule to ensure
- Garbage is removed, transported and disposed of according to set policies and procedures
- Dismount garbage trucks to collect garbage and remount trucks to ride to the next collection point.
- Tag garbage or recycling containers to inform customers of problems such as excess garbage or inclusion of items that are not permitted
- Sort items set out for recycling and throw materials into designated truck compartments
- Any other duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Excellent time management coordination skills;
- Must be in good physical condition;
- Must be willing to work in various and changing weather conditions;
- Excellent customer service skills and focus;
- Willingness to work in a team environment;
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures;
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
The Helper has a physically strenuous and demanding job. He/she will be lifting, pulling and managing heavy equipment and objects. The Helper will have to work in all weather, and must be prepared for both extreme heat and cold. As the Helper is handling potentially dangerous materials he/she must ensure that all activities are completed in a safe and efficient way to eliminate the possibility of contamination and infection of themselves or others.
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Via Email: email@example.com
Please reference “REgroup Helpers” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.