Off-Highway Truck Operator - Dexter Construction
Dexter Construction is a large, diversified Construction Company engaged in all major aspects of the heavy civil construction industry within the Atlantic Provinces. We are currently seeking Off-Highway Truck Operators for the 2022 season for our 104 Highway Twinning project between Sutherlands River and Antigonish, Nova Scotia.
Under the direction of the Foreman, the Off-Highway Truck Operator is responsible for operating heavy equipment to transport and dump various loose materials which may include gravel, crushed rock, and paving materials. The Off- Highway Truck Operator is also responsible for inspecting, cleaning, and maintaining the equipment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of equipment
- Transport and dump loose materials from truck in an efficient manner
- Ensure that quality of work meets OH&S requirements
- Perform daily safety and maintenance checks
- Maintain vehicle in good condition
- Advise the Foreman of any requirements for maintenance or repairs
- Be aware of surroundings at all times
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task
- Protect and promote the interest of this company in all matters and to take actions as required to satisfy such responsibilities
- Ensure safety of fellow employees
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- 2 years’ experience in a construction environment
- Must be well versed in construction site protocols, rules and code of conduct
- Ability to operate equipment using advanced grading techniques (i.e. GPS)
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that projects are completed properly
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
The Off-Highway Truck Operator role may include physically strenuous activities. The Off-Highway Truck Operator will be lifting, pulling and managing heavy equipment and objects, requiring the use of PPE, Hardhat, Steel Toe Boots, and reflective vest to minimize risk on the worksite. The worksite environment for this position is outside in varying weather conditions.
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume to:
Attn: Chelsey Haley
Via Email: email@example.com
Please reference “104 Off-Highway Truck Operator” in the subject line.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.