Human Resources/Benefits Coordinator - Municipal Group of Companies
The Municipal Group of Companies is currently seeking a bright, detail-oriented individual for the permanent, full-time position of Human Resources/Benefits Coordinator, reporting to the Manager of Human Resources. The successful candidate will work closely with the Human Resources Department to provide support to Municipal’s employees, specifically regarding company Pension and Benefits plans.
Reporting to the Manager of HR, the Human Resource/Benefits Coordinator is responsible for supporting the operations of The Municipal Group of Companies across the Atlantic Provinces. The Human Resource/Benefits Coordinator will be responsible for assisting our benefits team with company Pension and Benefit enrollments, and providing comprehensive support with recruitment, employee relations, and day-to-day operations of a busy Human Resource Department.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing employee eligibility tracking for Benefit and Pension plans, and communicating with employees accordingly
- Processing employee enrolments, change requests and terminations for Pension and Benefits, including entering/adjusting deductions in the payroll system
- Overseeing the layoff/leave of absence process for hourly employees as it relates to Benefits
- Assist with delivering full recruitment services including, creating, and posting job postings, prescreening, interviewing, and employee offers
- Establish and maintain accurate filling of all personnel records
- Manage sensitive and confidential information, and protect the security of such information
- Prepare and maintain reports necessary to support the functions of the Human Resources department
- Act as a point of contact for employee inquiries about company benefit, pension and RRSP plans
- Process employee enrolments, change requests, and terminations for Benefits and Pension, including entering and adjusting deductions in the payroll system
- Assistance with various other HR duties as required
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- A post-secondary education in Human resources, or a related field
- 1-3 years’ experience in a similar role is considered an asset
- Must have strong computer skills, especially in the Microsoft Office suite (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Must be detailed conscious while maintaining a high degree of accuracy
- Capacity to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Ability to take direction, multi-task, and work with deadlines
- Able to pro-actively problem solve, prioritize and to redefine priorities when necessary
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be able to work well in a fast-paced environment, with a high attention to detail
A comprehensive pension and benefits package is offered with this position.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Attention: Taylor Blake
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference “HR/Benefits Coordinator” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.