Job Costing Coordinator - Municipal Group of Companies
The Municipal Group of Companies, based in Bedford Nova Scotia, is a large diversified Construction Company engaged in all major aspects of the heavy civil construction and mining industry within the Atlantic Provinces. We are currently seeking a Job Costing Coordinator for our operations based out of Bedford, NS.
As a member of a professional and growing company, you will be responsible for the accounting needs of a number of companies within the corporate group. You will work closely with the Manager of Costing and other accountants as well as operations. You must be able to prioritize, coordinate, and organize business tasks. You will have a positive, professional approach in planning, scheduling, communicating, and organizing the activities of your position. The day to day role is as follows but is not limited to:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in daily maintenance of accounting records including but not limited to preparing journal entries, reconciliations, job billings
• Assists in the preparation of monthly financial statements and reporting for review with Management.
• Responsible for job tracking report process (issuing, reviewing and analyzing costing trends).
• Support operations through the provision of financial information and operational statistics
• Developing the internal control environment ensuring that processes are robust and efficient.
• Learn all duties of Job Costing Department and serve as back up during vacations.
• Special project work as required.
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, with the goal of working towards the CPA designation
• Strong knowledge of accounting and controls
• Advanced skill in Excel, working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Superior organization and time management skills
• Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrate the ability to research and analyze large amounts of data with high attention to detail.
• Ability to manage several tasks at one time in a deadline driven environment
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Excellent communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills
• Personable, pleasant demeanor
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position.
How to Apply:
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume, quoting the position title, to
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.