Junior Estimator - Dexter Construction
Dexter Construction, the largest civil Contractor in Atlantic Canada, is expanding their team and seeking a motivated, full-time & permanent Junior Estimator to work from our Moncton, NB location.
Under the direction of the Senior Estimator, the Junior Estimator is responsible for using estimating principles for accurate and timely cost estimates accounting for all materials and manpower creating an effective timeline for Municipal based projects.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Forecast and determine project job scope and related cost estimates based on proposals, drawings, required equipment/ materials and objectives;
- Spearhead estimates, manage tenders and bidding processes from start to finish;
- Develop strong internal and external business relationships;
- Liaise with subcontractors on various estimates towards construction project;
- Collaborate with project management team and relevant departments to develop cost estimates for all operational aspects of bid process;
- Consult with vendors and stakeholders regarding cost discrepancies, quality of engineering, availability of materials;
- Advise on major changes in scope of work and monitor actual cost to estimated cost;
- Protect and promote the interest of this company in all matters and to take actions as required to satisfy such responsibilities;
- Ensure safety of fellow employees;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Must have Valid Driver’s License and ability to travel to various worksites throughout province;
- Willingness to work long hours, demonstrating commitment to timely and quality work;
- Well versed in construction site protocols, rules and code of conduct;
- Advanced computer skills and software knowledge including (Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Estimating software Bid2Win;
- Strong organization skills, working with and meeting tight deadlines;
- Problem solving ability, capable of adjusting to quick changes with a calm demeanor;
- University Degree in Civil Engineering or other construction management programs preferred;
- Extensive knowledge in blueprint reading with demonstrated experience in budgets, cost control, and construction planning;
- 3-5 Years’ experience in construction estimating, in civil and Municipal works;
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures;
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that projects are completed properly;
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
What is Offered:
- Access to company perks and discounts;
- Team-friendly atmosphere with internal opportunities for advancement;
- A Competitive compensation package and a comprehensible benefits package is available subject to contract requirements.
How to Apply:
Those interested can send a detailed resume and optional cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting position as “Junior Estimator - Moncton”.
By Mail: Municipal Group of Companies, Attn: Human Resources 203 Desbrisay Ave, Moncton NB E1E 0G7.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.