Junior Estimator - Municipal Group of Companies
The Municipal Group of Companies, based in Bedford Nova Scotia, is a large, diversified organization engaged in all major aspects of the heavy civil construction and mining industry within the Atlantic Provinces. We are currently seeking the expertise of a Junior Estimator to join our team based in Bedford, NS.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare cost estimates for construction and mining projects
- Prepare public and private tender packages for review and submittal
- Perform site visits, measuring, take-offs, submittals etc.
- Prepare schedules and job hand off for packages for awarded works
- Project execution team support including subcontractor coordination, site meetings, scheduling, and contract administration
- Liaise actively with project delivery teams to identify, develop, and submit change orders
- Monitor and develop cost reports based on Dexter’s tablet-based project management toolkit
- Assist in day-to-day tasks both in the office and in the field
- Assist in job costing, updating quantities for progress payments etc.
- Read blueprints in order to estimate project cost effectively
- Liaise with subcontractors and trades on various estimates towards the construction project
- Communicate and collaborate with departmental leaders to stay abreast of construction needs, budgeting, and evaluation of possible bids
- Perform other duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- University degree in Civil or Resource Engineering, or other related discipline
- 2-5 years of similar experience preferred
- Previous experience estimating public and private tenders an asset
- Previous experience in the heavy civil construction or mining industry an asset
- Knowledge of various Estimating and constructions software’s including Bid2Win, AutoCAD, Bluebeam etc an asset
- Ability to work as part of an estimating/construction team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Professional attitude, punctual, assertive, and personable
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning
- Ability to respond in pressure situations with a calm demeanour and high sense of urgency
A comprehensive pension and benefits package is offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume to:
Via Email: email@example.com
Please reference “Junior Estimator” in the subject line.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.