Knuckle Boom Truck Operator - Dexter Construction
Dexter Construction Company is a large, diversified Construction Company engaged in all major aspects of the heavy civil construction industry within the Atlantic Provinces. We are currently looking for a Class 1 Knuckle Boom Operator with a Crane Certificate to join our Bedford Operation for the 2021 season.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive tractor-trailer combination in a safe and efficient manner to designated locations;
- Check in with Dispatcher to determine what time to leave and return;
- Ensure safe and proper placement of equipment and usage of rigging;
- Secure chain or binders to secure load on trailer during transit;
- Load and unload materials, tools, and equipment under varying traffic and road conditions;
- Maintain telephone or radio contact with appropriate supervisor to receive delivery instructions;
- Advise the Foreman of any requirements for maintenance or repairs;
- Report any driving infractions and/or suspensions;
- Be aware of surroundings at all times;
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task;
- Protect and promote the interest of this company in all matters and to take actions as required to satisfy such responsibilities;
- Ensure safety of fellow employees;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Valid commercial driver’s license with clear driver abstract;
- 2 years similar experience in a construction environment;
- Class 2 Crane Ticket
- Ability to follow a firm work schedule as directed by supervisor;
- Must be well versed in construction site protocols, rules and code of conduct;
- Willingness to work in a team environment;
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner;
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures;
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that projects are completed properly;
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
The commercial truck driver has a physically strenuous and demanding job. This position will be lifting, pulling and managing heavy equipment and objects, requiring the use of PPE, Hardhat, Steel Toe Boots, and reflective vest to minimize risk on the worksite.
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Please reference “Boom Truck Operator” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.