Laboratory Technician - General Liquids Canada
General Liquids Canada, part of the Municipal Group of Companies, operates a state of art Liquid Asphalt Emulsion Plant, Liquid Asphalt Terminal and Performance Laboratory for the Municipal Group of Companies. General Liquids Canada is looking for a dedicated individual with a hands-on practicality and knowledge of basic engineering skills to work in their Materials Laboratory in Waverley, NS under the direction of the Central Lab Manager as a Laboratory Technician. This is a full-time seasonal position.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform Laboratory testing of Aggregates, Hot Mix Asphalt, Liquid Asphalt or Emulsions as required.
- Maintain logs, records and perform calculations in a neat and accurate manner.
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance for the upkeep of lab equipment.
- Prepare sample test result worksheets and calibration records of lab equipment.
- Participate in the Integrated Management System that meets our AMRL, CCIL and ISO requirements.
- Maintain a clean, nice and safe work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to perform work in a timely and efficient manner.
- Able to work with a flexible work schedule. Sometimes long hours and weekend work will be required.
- Ability to adapt to a high pace environment is necessary.
- Proficient with Excel and MS Word.
- Able to adapt to a high pace environment.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Perform other related duties as required;
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology/Technician would be an asset.
- Materials testing experience is not required but an asset.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure;
- Strong multi-tasking, organization, and planning skills;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office;
- Maintain a clean working environment;
- Willingness to work extended hours;
- Possess ability to lift 30-50lbs on a daily basis;
- A valid Class 5 driver’s license.
- Reliable Transportation to and from work is required.
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Attention: Jessica Wilson
Please reference “Laboratory Technician” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.