Labourer - Halifax C&D
Halifax C&D Recycling part of The Municipal Group of Companies is currently seeking a bright, individual for the permanent, full-time position as a skilled Labourer to join our operations based out of Dartmouth, NS.
The Labourer is responsible for sorting construction and demolition debris, operation of small equipment such as the forklift, and will be trained on the operation of the plastics baler and operation of the scale. The hours of operation are Monday-Friday 8am-5pm and every second Saturday from 8am-3pm.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clean up and maintenance of yard
- Remove and sort rubble and other debris from the yard
- Clean tools, equipment, materials and work areas
- Supply runs for parts for the mechanic shop
- Operate small equipment including skid steers, forklifts, small loaders and brooms
- Perform a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labour
- Be aware of surroundings at all times
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task
- Perform other duties as required
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience:
- Class 5 valid Driver’s License
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to perform a variety of manual tasks requiring the use of independent judgment and action
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
How to Apply:
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume to:
via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference “Halifax C&D Labourer” in the subject line
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.