Labourers - DNA Operations
Dexter Nova Alliance (DNA) has been awarded the contract for the Design Build (DB) and Operations, Maintenance & Rehabilitation (OMR) associated with the twinning of Highway 104 across Eastern Nova Scotia from New Glasgow to Antigonish. DNA Operations will be responsible for the OMR of approximately 64 kms of Highway 104 from New Glasgow to Antigonish over a 22-year period, effective June 1st, 2021.
DNA is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Project team in the role of Labourer. Reporting to the Depot Manager, the Labourer will be responsible for the following:
- Use various small equipment for maintenance work (mowers, trimmers, tampers, hand tools, etc.)
- Perform minor maintenance on equipment and depot facilities (i.e. changing cutting edges, cleaning equipment, housekeeping, etc.)
- Complete routine maintenance activities (i.e. patching, washout repairs, litter control, etc.).
- Basic housekeeping and cleaning of shop and maintenance facilities.
- Assist other staff with maintenance activities, as required.
- Participate in training for maintenance equipment, as required.
- Be an active contributor to a positive safety culture committed to training and best work practices.
- Follow Quality, Safety and Environment policies, procedures and best practices.
- Available to respond to emergency situations within 1 hour.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable drivers abstract.
- Willingness to work in a team environment.
The position may require extended periods of sitting, standing, driving and/or walking. From time to time, the employee may be required to lift heavy objects (50-75 lbs.) for short periods as well as be exposed to outside weather conditions including extreme heat and cold. The employee may be working in highway and road work zones, exposed to nearby high-volume traffic movement.
How to Apply:
A competitive wage and benefits package is available to the successful candidate. We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume. Applicant review will begin immediately.
Qualified individuals for this position should forward a resume, quoting, “Labourer” to:
Attn: Chelsey Haley
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.