Lead Hand Operator - Gateway Operations
Gateway Operations, a division of The Municipal Group of Companies, providing the Operations, Maintenance and Rehabilitation of the Route 1 Facility as part of a public private partnership with the Province of New Brunswick, is seeking the knowledge and expertise of a Lead Hand Equipment Operator based out of the Musquash Maintenance Depot in southern New Brunswick.
The Lead Hand Equipment Operator will largely be responsible for coordinating fleet maintenance under the guidance of the Fleet Manager and Area Manager in accordance with company processes and procedures. This position will also be expected to complete an inter-company mentorship training course as needed to further provide in-house competency training to other operators of heavy equipment, particularly in relation to Snow & Ice Control services. During the winter season, the Lead Hand Equipment Operator will be expected to also operate snow plowing equipment when warranted by the Area Manager. This position will also collaborate with safety personnel to ensure the delivery of in-house mentoring and support services are conducted in adherence with health and safety processes.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate fleet maintenance ensuring equipment is maintained in accordance with company processes and in adherence with the company Equipment Preventative Maintenance Plan.
- Administer competency evaluations in accordance with the company code of practice.
- Participate and plan training exercises in collaboration with operational and safety managerial personnel for commercial vehicle drivers of heavy equipment including snow and ice control equipment.
- Operate plow trucks and/or other heavy equipment during operational demands.
- Coordinate with operational staff the scheduling of equipment maintenance.
- Analyze maintenance requirements and provide reports to supporting managers.
- Perform audit and leadership inspections in relation to fleet and company processes.
- Follow company health and safety policies in the workplace.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Fleet Manager and Area Manager.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 5 years previous experience in fleet maintenance, plow operations and other relevant work experience.
- Maintaining a clean driver abstract and a Class 3E driver’s license is a condition of employment. A Class 1 driver’s license is considered an asset.
- Previous mechanic of heavy equipment or equivalent experience would be considered an asset.
- Able to deal with people tactfully, diplomatically and professionally at all times.
- Ability to multi-task and complete task in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work effectively.
- Working safety is a condition of employment.
At the place of employment, employees are required to wear personnel protective equipment (PPE) such as a hardhat, steel tow boots and reflective vest to mitigate the risk of personal injury. Additional task specific PPE will be required depending on the work site location and task at hand.
All training will be provided by the company, and will include, but not limited to, mentorship training.
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement, training, and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume quoting the position title.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.