Linehaul Driver - TDR Transportation
TDR Transportation & Logistics, a subsidiary of The Municipal Group of Companies is a transportation company providing courier and transport services around Atlantic Canada. We are currently seeking a Night Linehaul Driver to join our team based out of our Truro, NS office. This is a night shift position from approximately 7pm – 7am. This position pays $300 per trip.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Driving locally and among the Maritimes.
- Loading, transporting, and offloading of freight.
- Report to a dispatcher any incidents encountered on the road.
- Follow all applicable traffic laws.
- Inspect trailer before and after the trip, and record any defects found.
- Keep a log of all activities.
- Report serious mechanical problems to the appropriate personnel.
- Keep their truck and associated equipment clean and in good working order.
- Load & unload deliveries through a variety of mechanisms & delivery assistance devices.
- Use technology to map routes, deliver/pickup/track shipments & communicate universally.
- Ensure documents are delivered, entered accurately and turned in accordingly.
- Performing all customer tasks in a polite, resourceful and professional manner with professionalism and overall excellent customer service throughout the process.
- Any other duties as assigned by your manager.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar driving position.
- Ability to drive long hours and travel regularly.
- Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations.
- No recent moving or driving violations.
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc).
- Valid Class 1 Driver's License
- Clear Criminal Record Check
- Work both indoors and outdoors
- Manual dexterity required to computer equipment
- Ability to lift 50-75 pounds
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Via Email: email@example.com
Please reference “Linehaul Driver” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.