Loader Operator - Dexter Construction
Dexter Construction is a large, diversified Construction Company engaged in all major aspects of the heavy civil construction industry within the Atlantic Provinces. We are currently seeking Loader Operators to join our operations out of Bedford, NS. This position will be based out of HRM but may involve travel to other parts of the province as the need arises.
Under the direction of the Foreman, the Loader Operator is responsible for operating heavy equipment to lift and move bulk materials at the worksite. The Loader Operator is also responsible for inspecting, cleaning, and maintaining the equipment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of equipment
• Transport material and loads trucks in an efficient manner
• Ensure that quality of work meets OH&S requirements
• Perform daily safety and maintenance checks
• Maintain vehicle in good condition
• Advise the Foreman of any requirements for maintenance or repairs
• Be aware of surrounding at all times
• Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task
• Protect and promote the interest of this company in all matters and to take actions as required to satisfy such responsibilities
• Ensure safety of fellow employees
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
• 2 years’ experience in a construction environment
• Must be well versed in construction site protocols, rules and code of conduct
• Ability to operate equipment using advanced grading techniques (i.e., GPS);
• Willingness to work in a team environment
• Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
• Comply with all safety policies and procedures
• Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that projects are completed properly
• Working safely is a condition of employment.
The Loader Operator role may include physically strenuous activities. The Loader Operator will be lifting, pulling and managing heavy equipment and objects, requiring the use of PPE, Hardhat, Steel Toe Boots, and reflective vest to minimize risk on the worksite. The worksite environment for this position is outside in varying weather conditions.
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume to:
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference “Loader Operator” in the subject line.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.