Local/Regional Class 1 Driver - TDR Transportation and Logistics
TDR Transportation and Logistics is a part of the Municipal Group of Companies. TDR has a unique approach to the industry with vast expertise across several divisions, including but not limited too; Courier delivery services throughout the Atlantic Regions, less than truckload/truck load and dedicated line haul services for major Canadian courier corporations, Flat Bed, Step Deck, Over Dimensional, and Dry van throughout Canada and the United States. We are currently looking to hire fulltime local tractor trailer driver's for local/regional deliveries.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Driving locally and among the Maritimes.
- Loading, transporting, and offloading of freight.
- Report to a dispatcher any incidents encountered on the road.
- Follow all applicable traffic laws.
- Inspect trailer before and after the trip, and record any defects found.
- Keep a log of all activities.
- Report serious mechanical problems to the appropriate personnel.
- Keep their truck and associated equipment clean and in good working order.
- Load & unload deliveries through a variety of mechanisms & delivery assistance devices.
- Use technology to map routes, deliver/pickup/track shipments & communicate universally.
- Ensure documents are delivered, entered accurately and turned in accordingly.
- Performing all customer tasks in a polite, resourceful and professional manner with professionalism and overall excellent customer service throughout the process
- Any other duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Proven work experience as a truck driver.
- Ability to drive long hours and travel regularly.
- Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations.
- No recent moving or driving violations.
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc).
- Valid Class 1 Driver's License
- Work both indoors and outdoors
- Manual dexterity required to computer equipment
- Ability to lift 50-75 pounds
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference “Cross Border Heavy Haul/Flat Bed Driver” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.