Maintenance Planner - Dexter Construction
Dexter Construction is a large, diversified Construction Company engaged in all major aspects of the heavy civil construction industry within the Atlantic Provinces. We are currently seeking the qualifications and expertise of a Maintenance Planner based out of Moncton, NB.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reports to the Fleet Maintenance Manager
- Plan and coordinate daily maintenance and after-hours service calls for various pieces of equipment, and ensure that maintenance information is accurately entered into our computerized maintenance management system
- Assign work to maintenance personnel and ensure that the work is completed on schedule and in compliance with safety and cost objectives
- Work closely with managers to continuously improve processes and procedures, and ensure that they are followed
- Coordinate with operations staff to schedule maintenance (as much as possible) during scheduled equipment downtime, to help optimize equipment utilization
- Analyze maintenance requirements and provide reports to support management team
- Perform audits of work orders, tools and safety documentation to help ensure continued compliance
- Ensure the safety of fellow employees
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- 5 years previous experience in maintenance, project coordination and/or other relevant work experience
- Mechanic or equivalent experience would be considered an asset
- Able to deal with people tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- High attention to detail when completing tasks
- Ability to multitask and complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- Ability to organize and prioritize work effectively
- Computer literate (intermediate to advanced level) with MS Office suite (i.e. Word, Excel and Outlook);
- Working safely is a condition of employment
Maintenance Planners require the use of personnel protective equipment (PPE) such as a hardhat, steel toe boots, and a reflective vest to minimize risks while on the work site.
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement, training, and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Attention: Emily Turnbull
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference “EFR Maintenance Planner” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.