Maintenance Planner - Municipal Group of Companies
Position Title: Maintenance Planner
Work Location: Sackville, Nova Scotia
Reports to: Fleet Maintenance Manager
TDR Transport and MBW Courier, divisions of the Municipal Group of Companies, are leaders in the transportation industry and provide quality service to our customers by providing a modern fleet of equipment and employing quality employees. Our divisions include Courier, Less Than Truckload (LTL), Third-Party Logistics, Container, Open Deck, Van/Refer, as well as Heavy Haul and they provide services throughout the Atlantic Provinces, across Canada and into the United States. We currently have an opening for a motivated individual to take on the position as Maintenance Planner based in our Sackville, Nova Scotia location.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reports to the Fleet Maintenance Manager;
- Plan and coordinate daily maintenance and after hours service calls for various pieces of equipment, and ensure that maintenance information is accurately entered into our computerized maintenance management system;
- Assign work to maintenance personnel and ensure that the work is completed on schedule and in compliance with safety and cost objectives;
- Work closely with managers to continuously improve processes and procedures, and ensure that they are followed;
- Coordinate with operations staff to schedule maintenance (as much as possible) during scheduled equipment downtime, to help optimize equipment utilization;
- Analyze maintenance requirements and provide reports to support management team;
- Perform audits of work orders, tools and safety documentation to help ensure continued compliance.
- Ensure the safety of fellow employees;
- Assume other duties and responsibilities as you develop and/or in response to changing circumstances within the company.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- 5 years previous experience in maintenance, project coordination and/or other relevant work experience;
- Mechanic or equivalent experience would be considered an asset but not necessary;
- Able to deal with people tactfully, diplomatically and professionally at all times;
- High attention to detail when completing tasks;
- Ability to multitask and complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner;
- Ability to organize and prioritize work effectively;
- Computer literate (intermediate to advanced level) with MS Office suite (i.e. Word, Excel and Outlook);
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
Maintenance Planners require the use of personnel protective equipment (PPE) such as a hardhat, steel toe boots, and a reflective vest to minimize risks while on the work site.
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement, training, and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Attention: Jessica Wilson
Via Email: email@example.com
Please reference “Maintenance Planner” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.