Maintenance Shop Foreman - Dexter Construction
Dexter Construction is a large, diversified Construction Company engaged in all major aspects of the heavy civil construction industry within the Atlantic Provinces. We are currently seeking the qualifications and expertise of a Maintenance Shop Foreman based out of Moncton, NB.
The Maintenance Shop Foreman oversees all aspects of the day-to-day management and maintenance of the multi-shift maintenance department.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set maintenance department goals on a month-to-month basis that aligns with the Maintenance Superintendents goals
- Manages Shop Foremen and shop clerks and provides regular and constant feedback.
- Prioritizing repairs to ensure efficient operation
- Maintain high standards of safety, equipment reliability, efficiency, facility cleanliness
- Ensure that assigned areas of responsibility are performed within budget; assures effective and efficient use of personnel, materials, equipment, facilities, and time
- Monitors the work levels of personnel who are involved in routine maintenance jobs and review their performance
- Counsel employees regarding work related issues and assist employees to correct job-skill deficiencies
- Recommend or initiate personnel actions, such as hires, promotions, transfers, discharges, or disciplinary measures
- Develop, implement, or evaluate maintenance policies and procedures
- Investigate accidents or injuries and prepare reports of findings
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures
- Monitor shop and equipment repair cost
- Provide guidance, training and direction for subordinates and employees for department training requirements and future advancement
- Maintain detailed accurate records of work and projects carried out
- Ensure that equipment maintenance and operation documentation is kept organized and available (i.e., manuals, equipment, files, and drawings, etc.)
- Other duties as required
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Experience in the heavy duty mechanical and welding field is preferred
- Previous maintenance management experience in a heavy equipment or industrial environment considered an asset
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar management position
- Able to proactively problem solve, prioritize and redefine priorities when necessary
- Tactful and mature demeanour with well-developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with diverse personalities
- Knowledge of the hazards associated with the shop environment and how to correct them; assure safe and efficient use of shop equipment and supplies
- Must be willing to start early, work overtime and weekends if required
- Working safely is a condition of employment
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Attention: Emily Turnbull
Via Email: email@example.com
Please reference “Maintenance Shop Foreman” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.