Maintenance Shop Foreman - Truck & Transport - REgroup
The REgroup, a division of The Municipal Group of Companies, is a Waste Management company that services the Halifax Regional Municipality and is currently seeking the qualifications and expertise of a Maintenance Shop Foreman – Truck & Transport based out of our Lower Sackville, NS location.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises shop employees to obtain top quality workmanship and efficiency in a repair and service shop environment:
- Plans and assigns work,
- Enforces policies and procedures and recommends improvements in repair and service methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
- Perform repairs and maintenance of all equipment using own tools.
- Supervises preventative maintenance work in accordance with established guidelines
- Ability to diagnose heavy equipment for proper performance and inspect equipment for faults, defects and malfunctions
- Obtain appropriate inspections and approval of all major repairs before vehicle is released from maintenance facility and ensure that safety inspections are in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Maintain a safe, clean, productive and efficient work area including ensuring work area is in compliance with all relevant Federal, Provincial and local guidelines and requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Certified Technician. Must possess a Red Seal.
- Minimum 3 years of experience – Truck and Transport
- Hands on experience of diesel and or gasoline engines within a fast-paced fleet environment
- Must be experienced with computerized diagnostics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Utilizes strong organizational and planning skills;
- Working safely is a condition of employment
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Power Point,Outlook)
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.