Maintenance - Shop Labourer
Dexter Construction is a large, diversified Construction Company engaged in all major aspects of the heavy civil construction industry within the Atlantic Provinces. We are currently seeking the qualifications and expertise of a Shop Labourer based out of Moncton, NB.
Under the direction of the Foreman, the Maintenance Labourer is responsible for performing various duties on the worksite to ensure operations run smoothly. This position is responsible for loading and unloading materials and maintaining the status of equipment in the shop.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the safe and efficient loading and unloading of equipment and materials
- Accurately prepare shipping/receiving documents
- Maintain the status of equipment in the yard
- Assist the Foreman with the daily operations and upkeep of the shop
- Perform necessary maintenance and repairs as required
- Perform a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labour
- Be aware of surroundings at all times
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task
- Protect and promote the interest of this company in all matters and to take actions as required to satisfy such responsibilities
- Ensure safety of fellow employees
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Ability to follow a firm work schedule as directed by supervisor
- Must be well versed in construction site protocols, rules and code of conduct
- Ability to perform a variety of manual tasks requiring the use of independent judgment and action
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that projects are completed properly
- Working safely is a condition of employment
The Maintenance Labourer has a physically strenuous and demanding job. This position will be lifting, pulling and managing heavy equipment and objects, requiring the use of PPE, Hardhat, Steel Toe Boots, and reflective vest to minimize risk on the worksite.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Please reference “Front Load Driver” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.