Mechanic - REgroup
REgroup, a division of The Municipal Group of Companies, is an Environmental Services company that services the HRM. For over 25 years, REgroup has been providing integrated waste collection, management and recycling services. We are currently seeking the qualifications and expertise of Licensed Mechanics and Apprentices based out of Lower Sackville, NS.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Regular maintenance and repair for all trucks, including repairing and rebuilding engines and transmissions; diagnosing and repairing air brake, suspension, steering, and electrical systems
- Complete reports to record problems and work performed
- Inspect and test mechanical units to locate faults and malfunctions
- Diagnose faults and malfunctions and confirm findings with supervisor to determine whether to repair or replace unit
- Adjust, repair or replace parts and components of transport truck and truck-trailer systems
- Inspect brake systems, wheel bearings, steering components and other engine parts, and perform repairs as required
- Perform scheduled maintenance service
- Test and adjust repaired systems to manufacturer's specifications
- Help prevent breakdowns by checking, cleaning, and oiling machine parts regularly
- Be aware of surroundings at all times
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Candidates who have completed Interprovincial Red Seal Mechanic Certificate or in the process of completing the blocks are required.
- 3 years’ experience in trucking or heavy equipment
- Ability to perform complete repair and overhaul functions
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment
- Class 3 Drivers License
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- High attention to detail
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
A competitive salary, pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Attention: Sarah Montgomery
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference “Mechanic” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.