Millwright - REgroup
REgroup, a division of The Municipal Group of Companies, is an Environmental Services company that services the HRM. For over 20 years, the Regroup has been providing integrated waste collection, management and recycling services. We are currently looking for a Millwright to be based out of our Lower Sackville, NS location.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Areas of specialization: Compactor repair, hydraulic cylinder overhaul and repair, programing system and PLC, structural construction
- Traveling in some part of the province to perform service call
- Read, interpret, plan and execute from drawings, blueprints and procedures
- Installation of new equipment
- Shafting and Main Engine alignment work
- Plan and perform rigging, hoisting/lifting and moving functions
- Measuring, layout, cutting and welding operations
- Maintain and use tools and equipment necessary to perform job functions
- Service existing mechanical components and systems where required
- Preventative and predictive maintenance, testing and commissioning equipment
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Completion of college/vocational or technical training
- Industrial Mechanic/ Millwright Certification
- Requires a minimum of 2 or more years of verifiable experience related to the Industrial Mechanic/Millwright trade
- Key skills related to this trade include mechanical aptitude, problem-solving, communication, job planning/organizing and the ability to use trade-related calculations
- WHMIS certificate
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner;
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures;
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that projects are completed properly;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task & ability to prioritize tasks.
- Candidates will be required to use personal protective equipment and must comply with all safety regulations regarding the proper fit and use of those personal protective equipment
- Candidates will be required to work at heights from ladders, scaffolding, and platforms; stand, stoop, bend, kneel, and climb and work in confined spaces and inclement weather and support extended hours and overtime as business needs dictate. Work may be performed indoors and outdoors. You will frequently handle, lift, carry, and set up parts and equipment that weigh up to fifty (50lbs) pounds. Occasionally lift and carry items that weigh over fifty (50lbs) pounds.
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.