Night Patrol Watchman - Dexter Construction
Dexter Construction is a large, diversified Construction Company engaged in all major aspects of the heavy civil construction industry within the Atlantic Provinces. We are currently seeking the qualifications and expertise of a Night Patrol Watchman based out of our Bedford, NS.
The Night Patrol Watchman is responsible for patrolling construction sites to prevent unauthorized access and theft of property, equipment, and materials. The Night Patrol watchman will work throughout various sites. A vehicle is provided for this position.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor construction sites to prevent vandalism of equipment and theft of materials
- Report all suspicious activities to the local police and fire departments through the 911 system
- Observe job sites from vehicle or standing position
- Check any gates, doors, or fences to ensure they are closed securely
- Maintain detailed activity log throughout duration of shift
- Be aware of surroundings at all times
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task
- Protect and promote the interest of this company in all matters and to take actions as required to satisfy such responsibilities
- Ensure safety of fellow employees
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Valid driver’s license with clean abstract
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Ability to follow a firm with minimal supervision
- Must be well versed in construction site protocols, rules and code of conduct
- Ability to perform a variety of manual tasks requiring the use of independent judgment and action
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
The Night Patrol Watchman will be required to drive around for extended periods of time in their vehicle. This position will have extended periods of sitting, standing, and moving while patrolling job sites. This position will require the use of PPE, Steel Toe Boots, and reflective vest to minimize risk on the worksite. The worksite environment for this position is in a vehicle and outside in all weather conditions.
A comprehensive pension and benefits package is offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Attn: Chelsey Haley
Please reference “Night Patrol Watchman” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.