Office Administration Quality Verification & Review Technician - Dexter Nova Alliance
Dexter Nova Alliance (DNA) is the consortium selected by the Nova Scotia Department of Transportation and Infrastructure Renewal (NSTIR) to undertake the Highway 104 Twinning Project. DNA is responsible to Design, Build, Finance, Operate, and Maintain (DBFOM) approximately 38 kilometres of twinned highway from Sutherlands River to Antigonish. In addition, DNA will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of an additional 25 kilometres of existing highway over a 22-year period.
We are currently seeking qualified and experienced applicants for the position of Office Administration Quality Verification & Review Technician.
Applicants for this position should possess a significant level of technical knowledge related to construction materials and operations. CET or EIT certification is preferred and familiarity with ISO Quality Management Systems would be considered an asset.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Construction Quality Assurance Manager, the incumbent will oversee the completion of work processes in the field and track progression on the Inspection and Test Plans (ITPs). Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Coordination of document packages for Completed Works; verifying the completion, accuracy, review and proper filing of all supporting documentation for handover to client
- Surveillance of Completed Works; confirming and documenting that contractual requirements, standards and specifications have been met
- Coordination, editing and maintenance of QC records and/or documents for Management review
- Providing relief to QCFE personnel, as required, for sick or vacation time absences
- Conducting field investigations on behalf of the Quality Team; documenting issues as they arise
- Monitoring and ensuring staff and subcontractors adhere to documentation protocols and requirements
- Documenting and reporting Nonconformances (NCRs) and Quality Incidents (QIs) and related corrective actions or procedures undertaken
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- CET or EIT certification (preferred)
- ISO-9001:2015 Quality Management Systems familiarity (asset)
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suites
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail; accuracy and consistency in documentation and record-keeping
- Utilizes strong organizational and planning skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors
- Working safely is a condition of employment
Applications should be submitted to: Human Resources - Dexter Nova Alliance Design Build Ltd.
Attention to: Jessica Wilson
Via Email: email@example.com
Please reference “Office Administration Quality Verification & Review Technician” in the subject line.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and encourage all interested candidates to submit a detailed
resume, quoting the position title.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.