Part-Time Helper/Picker - FERO
Fero Waste and Recycling Inc, a division of The Municipal Group of Companies, is a leading and dynamic solid waste company that services New Brunswick and Nova Scotia and is currently seeking the knowledge and expertise of a part-time Helper/Picker based out of our Miramichi, NB location.
The Helper/Picker is responsible for assisting with garbage collection services to ensure that garbage is collected, transported, and disposed of in an appropriate manner.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the operation of the garbage truck and assigned daily route in a safe and effective manner
- Collect garbage from buildings, businesses, and other facilities as per schedule to ensure garbage is removed, transported, and disposed of according to set policies and procedures
- Dismount garbage trucks to collect garbage and remount trucks to ride to the next collection point
- Tag garbage or recycling containers to inform customers of problems such as excess garbage or inclusion of items that are not permitted
- Sort items set out for recycling and throw materials into designated truck compartments
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Excellent time management coordination skills
- Good coordination, with moderate to heavy lifting
- Must be willing to work in various and changing weather conditions
- Excellent customer service skills and focus
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures
- Must have driver’s license and/ or manage own transportation to and from work
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
What We Offer:
- Day shifts, Monday to Friday (with early morning start time)
- Additional hours are available, occasional variation from schedule may be required to meet business demand
- A comprehensive benefits package available upon eligibility
- The chance to work with a stable, and growing company with numerous divisions across Eastern Canada.
- Access to unique company discounts, training opportunities, and internal promotions.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Attn: Emily Turnbull
Via Email: email@example.com
Please reference “Part-Time Helper Miramichi” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.