Pipe Foreman - Dexter Construction
Dexter Construction Company is a large, diversified Construction Company engaged in all major aspects of the heavy civil construction industry within the Atlantic Provinces. We are currently looking for Pipe Foreman to join our operations out of Bedford, Nova Scotia for the 2022 season. These positions will be based out of Bedford, but may involve travel to other parts of the province as the need arises.
The Pipe Foreman will be responsible for the supervision of all construction activities that take place on the work site, ensuring high standards of workmanship and efficiency. They will be responsible for the management of all on-site construction workers and enforcement of all required safety and work regulation policies. All work crews and individuals on-site shall take direction from the pipe foremen, who are responsible for assigning required work and applying resources to accomplish that work.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assign staff to various tasks and coordinate the civil pipe team.
- Identify possible Safety Hazards on site, minimize and manage risk to the Company.
- Ensure high standards of workmanship and efficiency on site.
- Ensure the efficient use of labour, machines and materials used by the crew
- Manage production field staff. Provide regular and consistent feedback.
- Manage all project labour administration activities including payroll, timekeeping, labor coding, equipment coding, and safety reporting
- Perform other duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- 5 years’ experience in civil pipe construction
- Ability to understand and execute scheduling, read blueprints, schematics, field drawings and plans
- Valid drivers license in good standing
- A solid understanding of construction trades and construction techniques
- Strong management, delegation, planning and leadership skills
- Effectiveness in the areas of construction safety and productivity
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Able to create alternative solutions to problems
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning.
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Attention: Taylor Blake
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference “Pipe Foreman” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.