Pipe Labourer - Dexter Construction
Dexter Construction Company is a large, diversified Construction Company engaged in all major aspects of the heavy civil construction industry within the Atlantic Provinces. We are currently looking for Pipe Labourers to join our operations in Bedford, NS for the 2021 season. These positions will be based out of Bedford, but may involve travel to other parts of the province as the need arises
Under the direction of the Pipe Foreman, the Pipe Labourer is responsible for performing heavy manual labour duties to assist in the preparation of excavations, installations, and repairs of pipeline and related components.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cleans grounds around pipelines using pick or shovel as scheduled or assigned
- Cleans surface pipes with scrapers and steel brushes as directed or assigned
- Assists in carrying and placing of feeder pipes
- Maintain tools and equipment
- May dig holes or drainage ditches using shovels and picks
- Be aware of surroundings at all times
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task
- Protect and promote the interest of this company in all matters and to take actions as required to satisfy such responsibilities
- Ensure safety of fellow employees
- Perform other duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Ability to follow a firm work schedule as directed by supervisor
- Must be well versed in construction site protocols, rules and code of conduct
- Ability to perform a variety of manual tasks requiring the use of independent judgment and action
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that projects are completed properly
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
The Pipe Labourer has a physically strenuous and demanding job. The Pipe Labourer will be lifting, pulling, and managing heavy equipment and objects, requiring the use of PPE, Hardhat, Steel Toe Boots, and reflective vest to minimize risk on the worksite. The worksite environment for this position is outside in varying weather conditions.
A comprehensive pension and benefits package is offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Attention: Chelsey Haley
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference “Pipe Labourer” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.