Pricing Analyst - FERO
FERO Waste & Recycling Inc, part of the Municipal Group of Companies, has been in business for over 25 years and has been providing integrated waste collection, management and recycling services throughout New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. We are currently seeking a Pricing Analyst to be based out of our Moncton, NS branch.
Reporting to the Manager of Pricing and National Accounts, the Pricing Analyst joins a core team responsible for executing the corporate pricing objectives and ensuring the market area achieves its financial goals. As a business partner to both Sales and Operations, the Pricing Analyst has a key role in driving profitable business decisions and enhancing customer relations. The position requires strong analysis of basic financial, statistical, customer, and competitor price data, with the ability to initiate and manage applicable action. A significant amount of leadership and project management ability is required in managing day-to-day, long-term, and time sensitive responsibilities of this position. The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in written form is a vital skill for success in this role.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implements and maintains pricing infrastructures.
- Evaluates effectiveness of pricing strategies and modifies pricing structures as needed.
- Recommends and implements monthly price increases and coordinates with Sales and Billing for implementation.
- Collects and analyzes financial, statistical, and strategic information in order to maintain pricing tools.
- Creates and analyzes reports for customer and route profitability.
- Audits billing and services to monitor customer changes and set ups.
- Provides reporting and documentation of pricing structures and serves as the point-of-contact for pricing inquiries from internal sales department, but not customers.
- Enter contracts / service agreements and relevant contractual data
- Provide support to sales representatives and customers;
- Conduct courtesy calls to customers (50-100 calls per week on average);
- Reporting may include: loss sales reports, potential customer reports, Commission reports, weekly sales report, Monthly Sales Commission Report, and Sales Summary Report.
- Assist customers with billing inquiries and account changes;
- Respond to general email inquiries through national accounts email, direct to others as appropriate;
- Build and maintain relationship with national partners
- Work with subcontractors, billing, make regular calls and update pricing;
- Communicate with sister companies and sub-contractors regarding specs prices etc.
- Verify any missing or incorrect customer information;
- Communicate with dispatch to ensure calls get routed and that all customers are services;
- Organize and maintain customer files;
- Travel as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education with a focus in Business Administration is an asset;
- Must have a high sense of urgency;
- Must be detail conscious while maintaining a high degree of accuracy in a timely fashion;
- Must possess strong communication skills;
- Capacity to work independently, as well as in a team environment;
- Must possess strong ethics and a high degree of confidentiality.
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Attention: Sarah Montgomery
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference "Pricing Analyst" in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.