Professional Translator - The Municipal Group of Companies
The Municipal Group of Companies, based in Bedford Nova Scotia, is a large diversified organization engaged in all major aspects of the heavy civil construction, mining and environmental services within the Atlantic Provinces. We are currently seeking the qualifications and expertise of a full time Professional Translator to support our growing organization and subsidiary companies.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Professional Translator will be responsible for the translation of documents from English to French and a small percentage of documents from French to English.
- Documents can include but are not limited to company policies, procedures, job advertisements, and training courses.
- The Professional Translator’s work will be monitored during the first few projects to ensure candidate suitability for this role.
- Any other duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- A university degree in translation or in a related discipline.
- Considerable experience in translation is essential.
- Other equivalent combinations of education and experience related to translation may be considered.
- Knowledge and command of English and French.
- Preference will be given to someone with demonstrated verbal / written fluency in Québec French (français québécois).
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Research and analytical abilities are essential.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently often under pressure and strict deadlines.
- Proven organizational skills, interpersonal skills, and computer skills are essential.
A comprehensive Benefit and Pension package are offered with this position.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Attention: Danika Oxford
Via Email: email@example.com
Please reference “Professional Translator” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume along with salary expectations.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.