Project Coordinator - Dexter Construction
Dexter Construction Company is a large, diversified Construction Company engaged in all major aspects of the heavy civil construction industry within the Atlantic Provinces. We are currently looking for Project Coordinators to join our Operations based out of Bedford, NS.
The Project Coordinator will assist in the planning, executing, and delivery of Company projects on time, within budget, and in accordance to specifications. The Project Coordinator will help define project requirements and scope, acquire project resources, and support the efforts of project team members. Efficient delivery of project requirements, effective quality control, and clear communication of expectations to stakeholders and upward reporting to senior management are critical tasks that must be performed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare schedules and job hand off for awarded work, assist with subcontractor management, site meetings, scheduling etc.
- Plan all project timelines, milestones, and requirements using the appropriate software tools and/or methods;
- Coordinate project life cycle, from the initial planning, bidding, operations, up to project
- Assist in day to day tasks both in the office and in the field
- Actively participate in required safety deliverables and promote a positive safety culture
- Support implementation of process improvement initiatives
- Appropriately track project progress, and track all project costs to ensure completion within budget;
- Assist in job costing, updating quantities for progress payments etc.
- Read blueprints in order to estimate project cost effectively;
- Liaise with subcontractors and trades on various estimates towards the construction project;
- Communicate and collaborate with departmental leaders to stay abreast of construction needs, budgeting, and evaluation of possible bids;
- Any other duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- University degree in Civil Engineering or other Construction Management program is preferred;
- Experience in Heavy Civil Construction would be considered an asset.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Ability to work as part of a construction team;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Professional attitude, punctual, assertive and personable;
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning;
- Ability to respond in pressure situations with a calm demeanor and high sense of urgency
- Ability to travel throughout the Maritimes to support various projects.
- Utilizes strong organizational and planning skills;
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, Outlook).
The Project Coordinator may be required to work long office hours and use a computer. Field work and company site visits will frequently be required, and will require the use of minimum PPE (Hardhat, Steel Toe Boots, reflective vest, etc.). Other PPE might also be necessary and will be driven by the environment of the work sites (specialized PPE, Gas monitors, Fall Arrest and Breathing Apparatus). Other travel on behalf of the company may be necessary to represent the Company or Project.
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Attention: Jessica Wilson
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference “Project Coordinators” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.