Quality Control Field Engineer - Dexter Nova Alliance
Dexter Nova Alliance (DNA) is the consortium selected by the Nova Scotia Department of Transportation and Infrastructure Renewal (NSTIR) for the Highway 104 Twinning Project. DNA is responsible to Design, Build, Finance, Operate, and Maintain (DBFOM) approximately 38 kilometres of twinned highway from Sutherlands River to Antigonish. In addition, DNA will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of an additional 25 kilometres of existing highway over a 22-year period.
We are currently seeking qualified and experienced applicants for the position of Quality Control Field Engineer (QCFE).
Applicants for this position should possess a significant level of technical knowledge related to construction materials and operations. CET or EIT certification is preferred and familiarity with ISO Quality Management Systems would be considered an asset.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Quality Manager, the incumbent will oversee the completion of work processes in the field, tracking progression on the Inspection and Test Plans (ITPs). Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Construction site surveillance and completion of Daily Field Reports with photographic evidence of field operations according to specific ITP requirements
- Field representation of the Quality Team, available to investigate issues as they arise on-site.
- Enforcing proper use and completion of required on-site documentation by Construction and Sub-Trade personnel for each task performed
- Documenting and reporting Nonconformances (NCRs) and recommending Nonconformance Corrective Action (NC-CA) or Quality Incident (QI) procedures.
- Assisting Quality Managers with completion of packages for Completed Work, ready for handover to client.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- CET or EIT certification (preferred)
- ISO-9001:2015 Quality Management Systems familiarity (asset)
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suites
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail; accuracy and consistency in documentation and record-keeping
- Utilizes strong organizational and planning skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors
- Working safely is a condition of employment
Applications should be submitted to: Human Resources Dexter Nova Alliance Design Build Ltd.
Attention to: Jessica Wilson
Via Email: email@example.com
Please reference “Quality Control Field Engineer (QCFE)” in the subject line.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and encourage all interested candidates to submit a detailed
resume, quoting the position title.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.