Quality Control Technician - Dexter Construction
Dexter Construction Company, Part of The Municipal Group of Companies is a large, diversified Construction Company engaged in all major aspects of the heavy civil construction industry within the Atlantic Provinces. We are currently seeking seasonal Quality Control Technicians to join our Quality Control Group, based out of our main office in Bedford, Nova Scotia.
The successful candidate will carry out testing of hot mix asphalt, Portland cement concrete and aggregates on construction sites throughout the Halifax Regional Municipality and Annapolis Valley with some travel throughout the Province from time to time. Carrying and use of test equipment involves some effort of a physical nature. Training will be provided in on-site safety, testing procedures, and use of equipment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducting on-site testing of compaction properties for asphalt and granular materials
- Obtain bulk samples of asphalt and granular material for analysis at the testing laboratory
- Understand and advise on asphalt and gravel compaction methods and procedures
- Conducting on-site sampling of concrete for plastic property testing and casting of test specimens
- Preparation of field reports, documenting equipment used, test locations, and results
- Assist with laboratory testing as needed
- Assist with equipment calibration and laboratory maintenance as needed
- Address the day-to-day quality inspection needs of the assigned areas
- Recognition of quality control matters and advise on matters as needed
- Inform the Quality Manager of any deviations from the Quality Plan or any non-conforming materials or methods
- Other duties as assigned by Quality Manager
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Ideally have at least 1-3 years of experience in a similar role
- CET or equivalent preferred
- Strong communication verbal, written and presentation skills
- Must have a valid class 5 driver’s license
- High attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Utilizes strong organizational and planning skills
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.