Quality Field Verification Coordinator - DNA
Dexter Nova Alliance (DNA) is the consortium selected by the Nova Scotia Department of Transportation and Infrastructure Renewal (NSTIR) to undertake the Highway 104 Twinning Project. DNA is responsible to Design, Build, Finance, Operate, and Maintain (DBFOM) approximately 38 kilometres of twinned highway from Sutherlands River to Antigonish. In addition, DNA will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of an additional 25 kilometres of existing highway over a 22-year period.
We are currently seeking qualified and experienced applicants for the position of Quality Field Verification Coordinator for a 4 or 8-month Term Position, with the potential for extension based out of our Stellarton, NS office.
Applicants for this position should possess a competent level of technical knowledge related to construction materials and operations. CET or EIT certification is preferred and familiarity with ISO Quality Management Systems would be considered an asset.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Quality Manager, the incumbent will oversee the completion of work processes in the field, primarily involving compilation and tracking progress on the Inspection and Test Plans (ITPs), completed by Quality Control Field Engineers (QCFE). The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Coordination of document packages for Completed Works; verifying the completion, accuracy, review and proper filing of all supporting documentation for handover to client
- Assisting Field Staff (QCFE) in referencing and/or cataloguing evidential support for completed work elements
- Working with other members of the Quality Team, and assisting on other reporting when necessary
- Any other duties as required
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- CET or EIT certification (preferred) or working towards a related degree/diploma in Engineering
- ISO-9001:2015 Quality Management Systems familiarity (asset)
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suites
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail; accuracy and consistency in documentation and record-keeping
- Utilizes strong organizational and planning skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors
- Working safely is a condition of employment
Applications should be submitted to: Human Resources Dexter Nova Alliance Design Build Ltd.
Attention to: Jessica Wilson
Please reference: “Quality Field Verification Coordinator” in the subject line.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and encourage all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume, quoting the position title.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.