Rear Load Driver - FERO
Fero Waste and Recycling Inc, a division of The Municipal Group of Companies, is a leading and dynamic solid waste company that services New Brunswick and Nova Scotia and is currently seeking the knowledge and expertise of a Rear Load Operator for our night shifts based out of our Moncton, NB location.
The Rear Load Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of a Class 3, Rear Loader Refuse vehicle. The candidate in this position will also be responsible for inspecting, cleaning, and maintaining the equipment.
- Night shifts, Monday to Friday starting from 11 pm to 7 am;
- Additional hours are available, occasional variation from schedule may be required to meet business demand;
- Competitive compensation, benefits package available after three months continuous employment;
- The chance to work with a stable, and growing company with numerous divisions across Eastern Canada.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive Rear Load tandem truck in a safe and efficient manner on assigned routes to fill contractual requirements; Ensure assigned routes are completed in a timely and safe manner;
- Responsible for daily pre and post trip inspections of trucks assigned;
- Check in with Dispatcher to determine what time to leave and return;
- Load and unload materials, tools, and equipment under varying traffic and road conditions;
- Maintain telephone or radio contact with appropriate supervisor to receive delivery instructions;
- Advise Supervisor of any requirements for maintenance or repairs;
- Report any driving infractions and/or suspensions;
- Perform end of day driver check-ins to ensure complete and accurate paperwork completion;
- Be aware of surroundings at all times;
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task;
- Protect and promote the interest of this company in all matters and to take actions as required to satisfy such responsibilities;
- Ensure safety of fellow employees;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Valid commercial driver’s license with clear driver abstract;
- Class 3 driver’s license in good standing;
- Ability to follow a firm work schedule as directed by supervisor;
- Willingness to work in a team environment;
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner;
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures;
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that projects are completed properly;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong customer focus;
- Proven ability to multi-task & ability to prioritize tasks;
- Previous waste and or recycling experience preferred;
- Residential curbside collection experience preferred;
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference “FERO Rear Load Driver” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.