Rear Load Operator - FERO Waste & Recycling
Fero Waste and Recycling Inc, a division of The Municipal Group of Companies, is a leading and dynamic solid waste company that services New Brunswick and Nova Scotia and is currently seeking the knowledge and expertise of full-time Rear Load Operators based out of our Miramichi, NB location.
The Rear Load Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of a Class 3, Rear Loader Refuse vehicle. The candidate in this position will also be responsible for inspecting, cleaning, and maintaining the equipment.
- Day shifts, Monday to Friday (with early morning start time)
- Additional hours are available, occasional variation from schedule may be required to meet business demand
- Competitive compensation, benefits package available after three months continuous employment
- The chance to work with a stable, and growing company with numerous divisions across Eastern Canada.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive Rear Load tandem truck in a safe and efficient manner on assigned routes to fill contractual requirements; Ensure assigned routes are completed in a timely and safe manner
- Responsible for daily pre and post trip inspections of trucks assigned
- Check in with Dispatcher to determine what time to leave and return
- Load and unload materials, tools, and equipment under varying traffic and road conditions
- Maintain telephone or radio contact with appropriate supervisor to receive delivery instructions
- Advise Supervisor of any requirements for maintenance or repairs
- Report any driving infractions and/or suspensions
- Perform end of day driver check-ins to ensure complete and accurate paperwork completion
- Be aware of surroundings at all times
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task
- Protect and promote the interest of this company in all matters and to take actions as required to satisfy such responsibilities
- Ensure safety of fellow employees
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Valid commercial driver’s license with clear driver abstract
- Class 3 driver’s license in good standing
- Ability to follow a firm work schedule as directed by supervisor
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that projects are completed properly
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer focus
- Proven ability to multi-task & ability to prioritize tasks
- Previous waste and or recycling experience preferred
- Residential curbside collection experience preferred
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
How to Apply:
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Attention: Chelsey Haley
Via Email: email@example.com
Please reference “Rear Load – Miramichi” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.