Recruiter/HR Coordinator - The Municipal Group of Companies
The Municipal Group of Companies, based in Bedford Nova Scotia, is a large diversified organization engaged in all major aspects of the heavy civil construction, mining and environmental services within the Atlantic Provinces. We are currently seeking the expertise of a Recruiter/Human Resources Coordinator to join our team from our office based in Bedford, NS.
The Recruiter/Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for providing support in the various human resource functions, with a focus on full cycle recruitment. Other responsibilities will include training and development, performance monitoring, employee counseling and benefits and pension administration.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver full recruitment services including creating and posting job postings, candidate sourcing, prescreening, interviewing, and employee offers
- Leverage various recruitment resources including internet, community organizations, print media, formal/informal networks, and colleges to directly and indirectly source qualified candidates
- Onboard new hires and ensure all required paperwork is completed
- Any other duties as required such as:
- Establish and maintain accurate filing of all personnel records
- Manage sensitive and confidential information, and protect the security of such information
- Prepare and maintain reports necessary to support the functions of the Human Resources department
- Provide administrative and organizational support to operations
- Act as a point of contact for employee inquiries about company benefit, pension and RRSP plans
- Process employee enrolments, change requests and terminations for Benefits and Pension, including entering/ adjusting deductions in the payroll system
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- A post secondary education in Human Resources or a related field
- 1-3 years experience in a similar role
- Must have strong computer skills, especially in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Must be detail conscious while maintaining a high degree of accuracy
- Must possess strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Capacity to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Ability to take direction, multi- task and work with deadlines
- Able to pro-actively problem solve, prioritize and to redefine priorities when necessary
- Results oriented with a proven ability to deliver in a demanding fast paced environment
- Ability to follow through to completion on projects / tasks
- Possess the ability to plan & organize activities
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Via Email: email@example.com
Please reference “Recruiter/Human Resources Coordinator” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume, quoting the position title.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.