SAP ERP Payroll Specialist - Municipal Group of Companies
The Municipal Group of Companies, based in Bedford Nova Scotia, is a large, diversified organization engaged in all major aspects of the heavy civil construction, mining and environmental services within the Atlantic Provinces. We are currently seeking the expertise of an SAP ERP Payroll Specialist.
In this role you will assist in the conversion from our current payroll system to our new SAP system out of our office in Burnside Nova Scotia. You will assist in the preparation and development of accurate and timely payroll information and processes for new hires, status changes and terminations. Other responsibilities will include providing administrative support, maintaining employee files, handling inquiries from various levels of staff/external clients. Once the project is complete you will provide support and training to the current payroll group while ensuring the best practices developed throughout the SAP implementation are followed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help in developing new payroll processes.
- Help with training and developing current staff.
- Ensure CRA compliance
- Compile payroll data such as garnishments, vacation time, insurance, and other deductions.
- Ensure hours are categorized and allocated to correct cost centers.
- Extract timesheets and review work hours for completeness and accuracy.
- Create payroll profiles for all new employees as advised by HR.
- Maintain employee files up to date.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- College diploma in a related discipline or related experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Payroll.
- Knowledge of Payroll compliance for Newfoundland, New Brunswick, Quebec, and Nova Scotia would be considered an asset.
- Completion of the Canadian Payroll Association Certification (PCP or CPM)
- Demonstrated knowledge of SAP, Success factors and payroll.
- Working knowledge of Time & Attendance Software would be an asset
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills.
- Able to maintain confidential information.
The Municipal Group of Companies offers a competitive compensation and benefit package (medical, dental, and pension plan) and is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume to:
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Attention: Taylor Blake
Via Email: email@example.com
Please reference “SAP ERP Payroll Specialist” in the subject line.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.