Scale House Operator - Halifax C&D Recycling
Halifax C&D Recycling part of The Municipal Group of Companies is currently seeking a bright, individual for the permanent, full-time position as a Scale House Operator to join our operations based out of Goodwood, NS. This position will be based out of Goodwood but may involve travel to support other locations such as Westphal and Antrim.
The Scale House Operator is responsible for greeting all incoming truck drivers at the scale house and weighing the trucks on the scale in a safe and efficient manner. The hours of operation for this position are Monday-Friday 7am-5pm, and every second Saturday from 8am-3pm.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet all incoming drivers at the scale house
- Ensure all trucks are properly and accurately weighed on the scale both entering and leaving the facility
- Review proper documentation for all deliveries
- Responsible for handling cash, credit and debit transactions
- Assist in maintaining facility site security and access control
- Accurately perform routine data entry into a computer
- Close scale house gates at the end of each day
- Be aware of surroundings at all times
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task
- Ensure safety of fellow employees
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License
- Customer service experience is considered an asset
- Ability to keep work records and make reports
- Ability to follow a firm schedule with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be well versed in construction site protocols, rules and code of conduct
- Ability to perform basic operations on a computer
- Ability to perform a variety of manual tasks, requiring the use of independent judgement and action
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
A comprehensive pension and benefits package is offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Attn: Chelsey Haley
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference “Scale House Operator” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.