Scale House Operator/Yard Labourer
Halifax C&D Recycling part of The Municipal Group of Companies is currently seeking a bright, individual for the permanent, full-time position as a Scale House Operator/Yard Labourer to join our operations based out of Ross Road, Dartmouth, NS.
The Scale House Operator/Yard Labourer is responsible for greeting all incoming truck drivers at the scale house and weighing the trucks on the scale in a safe and efficient manner. They are also responsible for sorting construction and demolition debris. The hours of operation for this position are Monday-Friday 7am-5pm, and every second Saturday from 8am-3pm.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clean up and maintenance of yard
- Greet all incoming drivers at the scale house
- Ensure all trucks are properly and accurately weighed on the scale both entering and leaving the facility
- Remove and sort rubble and other debris from the yard
- Clean tools, equipment, materials and work areas
- Operate small equipment including skid steers, forklifts, small loaders and brooms
- Review proper documentation for all deliveries
- Responsible for handling cash, credit and debit transactions
- Assist in maintaining facility site security and access control
- Accurately perform routine data entry into a computer
- Close scale house gates at the end of each day
- Be aware of surroundings at all times
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task
- Ensure safety of fellow employees
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License
- Customer service experience is considered an asset
- Ability to keep work records and make reports
- Ability to follow a firm schedule with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be well versed in construction site protocols, rules and code of conduct
- Ability to perform basic operations on a computer
- Ability to perform a variety of manual tasks, requiring the use of independent judgement and action
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures
- Working safely is a condition of employment
A comprehensive pension and benefits package is offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Attn: Chelsey Haley
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference “Scale House/Yard Labourer” in the subject line.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.