Senior Operations Manager - MBW Courier
MBW Courier Inc. (“MBW”), is a Nova Scotia-based company, servicing businesses across Atlantic Canada, offering same day delivery service, direct to consumer delivery, next day delivery service, dedicated service on demand and logistics through its eight strategically located terminals. MBW is part of the Municipal Group of Companies, which is a diversified organization engaged in all major aspects of heavy civil construction, mining, environmental and transportation services within the Atlantic Provinces. MBW is currently looking for a Senior Operations Manager based out of one of our Nova Scotia offices.
As a member of a professional and growing company, you will be responsible for the implementation and on-going review of existing operational procedures. Reporting to the Director of Operations, you will work closing with support staff of MBW including but not limited to Terminal Managers, Drivers, Dispatch and Administration. You must be able to prioritize, coordinate, and organize business tasks. You will have a positive, professional approach in planning, scheduling, communicating, and organizing the activities of your position.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strong technical ability with respect to operational analysis and management with the ability to understand financial impacts.
- Coordinate the transfer of best practices, relevant information, and internal expertise of MBWs services within the organization.
- Identify and execute improvement initiatives for MBWs services to increase operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Implement and manage new projects and service lines for specific customer engagements. Duties include but are not limited to workflow design, staffing, customer communication and change management.
- Coach and develop operational staff to achieve objectives.
- Identify relevant operations KPIs regarding safety, quality, and productivity for the development of a performance management dashboard.
- Special project work as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- 5-10 years’ management experience in a manufacturing, production, distribution, or logistics environment.
- Experience with performance metrics and process improvement. Lean methodologies would be considered an asset.
- Experience in working with software applications for delivery services considered an asset.
- This position will involve travel.
- Practical experience using the Microsoft office suite;
- Strong communication and negotiation skills;
- Willingness to work in a team environment;
- Able to pro-actively problem solve, prioritize and redefine priorities when necessary;
- Time management skills;
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
A competitive salary and comprehensive benefits and pension package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Attention: Jessica Wilson
Please reference “Senior Operations Manager” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.