Shop Foreman - Dexter Construction
Dexter Construction, a division of The Municipal Group of Companies, is the largest civil contractor in Atlantic Canada, and we are currently seeking the knowledge and expertise of a Shop Foreman based out of our Saint John, NB location.
The Shop Foreman is responsible for the supervision of all activities that take place in the maintenance shop, ensuring efficient use of labour, machines, and materials by their crews, and will report on such things as personnel, costs and safety. The Shop Foremen will be responsible for the management of all shop workers and enforcement of all required safety and work regulation policies. All work crews and individuals on-site shall take direction from the foremen, who are responsible for assigning required work and applying resources to accomplish that work.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage shop mechanic team, providing regular and consistent feedback;
- Ensure that assigned areas of responsibility are performed within budget; assures effective and efficient use of personnel, materials, equipment, facilities, and time;
- Identify training gaps and ensure training is provided to team before tasks are delegated;
- Maintain equipment and perform daily equipment safety and maintenance checks and logs, etc;
- Assist in the resolution of change requests, material defects and equipment problems;
- Manage all project labour administration activities;
- Be aware of surroundings at all times;
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task;
- Protect and promote the interest of this company in all matters and to take actions as required to satisfy such responsibilities;
- Ensure safety of fellow employees;
- Assess staffing needs/ requirements;
- Assess and develop employees.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- 3-5 years experience in a maintenance shop environment;
- Must have experience in a Truck and Transport maintenance shop environment;
- High attention to detail in completing work tasks;
- Must be well versed in shop maintenance protocols, rules and code of conduct;
- Strong management, delegation, planning and leadership skills;
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning;
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures;
- Able to deal with people tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times;
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing;
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
A competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package will be included as part of this position, with access to other company perks including employee discounts.
How to Apply:
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Attention: Keena-Lee Hill
Via Email: email@example.com
Please reference "Shop Foreman" in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.