Side Load Operator - FERO
Fero Waste and Recycling Inc, a division of The Municipal Group of Companies, is a solid waste company that services New Brunswick and Nova Scotia and is currently seeking the knowledge and expertise of a Side Load Operator based out of our Moncton, NB location.
The Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of a Class 3, Sideloader Refuse vehicle. The operator is also responsible for inspecting, cleaning, and maintaining the equipment.
- Day shifts, Monday to Friday (with early morning start time);
- Additional hours and occasional variation from schedule may be required to meet business demand;
- Competitive compensation, benefits package available after three months continuous employment;
- The chance to work with a stable, and growing company with numerous divisions across Eastern Canada.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive Side Load tandem truck in a safe and efficient manner on assigned routes to fill contractual requirements; Ensure assigned routes are completed in a timely and safe manner;
- Responsible for daily pre- and post-trip inspections of trucks assigned;
- Check in with Dispatcher to determine what time to leave and return;
- Load and unload heavy materials, tools, and equipment under varying traffic and road conditions;
- Maintain telephone or radio contact with appropriate supervisor to receive delivery instructions;
- Advise Supervisor of any requirements for maintenance or repairs;
- Report any driving infractions and/or suspensions;
- Perform end of day driver check-ins to ensure complete and accurate paperwork completion;
- Be aware of surroundings at all times; ensure safety of fellow employees;
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Valid commercial driver’s license with clear driver abstract;
- Class 3 driver’s license, with air brake in good standing;
- Ability to follow a firm work schedule as directed by supervisor;
- Willingness to work in a team environment; comply with procedures
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner;
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that projects are completed properly;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; strong customer focus;
- Good Coordination, lifting 20-75 pounds on regular basis;
- Proven ability to multi-task & ability to prioritize tasks;
- Previous waste and or recycling experience preferred;
- Residential curbside collection experience preferred;
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.