Side Load Operator - REgroup
REgroup, a division of The Municipal Group of Companies, is an Environmental Services company that services the HRM. For over 20 years, the Regroup has been providing integrated waste collection, management, and recycling services. We are currently looking for Side Load Operator to be based out of our Truro, NS location.
The Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of a Class 3, Sideloader Refuse vehicle. The operator is also responsible for inspecting, cleaning, and maintaining the equipment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive Side Load tandem truck in a safe and efficient manner on assigned routes to fill contractual requirements; Ensure assigned routes are completed in a timely and safe manner;
- Responsible for daily pre- and post-trip inspections of trucks assigned;
- Check in with Dispatcher to determine what time to leave and return;
- Load and unload heavy materials, tools, and equipment under varying traffic and road conditions;
- Maintain telephone or radio contact with appropriate supervisor to receive delivery instructions;
- Advise Supervisor of any requirements for maintenance or repairs;
- Report any driving infractions and/or suspensions;
- Perform end of day driver check-ins to ensure complete and accurate paperwork completion;
- Be aware of surroundings at all times; ensure safety of fellow employees;
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Valid commercial driver’s license with clear driver abstract;
- Class 3 driver’s license, with air brake in good standing;
- Ability to follow a firm work schedule as directed by supervisor;
- Willingness to work in a team environment; comply with procedures
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner;
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that projects are completed properly;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; strong customer focus;
- Good Coordination, lifting 20-75 pounds on regular basis;
- Proven ability to multi-task & ability to prioritize tasks;
- Previous waste and or recycling experience preferred;
- Residential curbside collection experience preferred;
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Attention: Chelsey Haley
Via Email: email@example.com
Please reference “REgroup Side Load Operator” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.