Snow Plow Operators - Dexter Construction
Dexter Construction, part of The Municipal Group of Companies is a large, diversified Construction Company engaged in all major aspects of the heavy civil construction industry within the Atlantic Provinces. We are currently seeking to fill seasonal Snowplow Operator positions based out of our Lower Sackville, NS location for the 2021/2022 season. All snow clearing operations will be servicing the Halifax Regional Municipality.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Removal of snow and ice by using snow removal and/or sanding equipment
- Completion of pre-trip and post trip inspections
- Safely operate snow plowing trucks and equipment
- Any other duties as required
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Class 1/Class 3 Driver’s License is required
- Previous snow plowing experience is preferred
- Willing to work days, nights, weekends and holidays
- Clean drivers abstract
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
Dexter Construction offers competitive pay and guaranteed minimum hours based on a retainer system. Accommodations can be provided for the season if required. Successful applicants for these positions are eligible for a company signing bonus.
Dexter Construction offers opportunities for advancement and training and development within the company. There are also opportunities to fulltime year-round employment within The Municipal Group of Companies once the snow season ends. More information on these positions can be found on our website.
How to Apply:
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume, Drivers Abstract, a Copy of your Driver’s License (Both sides) and a valid First Aid Certificate if you have one via email to: email@example.com
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.