Superintendent - Clayco Construction
Clayco Construction Limited, part of the Municipal Group of Companies, operates a construction branch in New Brunswick for the Municipal Group of Companies. Clayco Construction Limited is looking for dedicated individual with proven leadership skills to oversee bridge projects around New Brunswick.
Job Summary: The Superintendent for Clayco coordinates all site activities and supervises all field personnel as required to successfully complete the project on schedule and within budget. The Superintendent is responsible for maintaining the highest quality of work, and administering good construction safety practices with all on-site activities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- • Oversee the daily organization in the field including safety of, and the delegation of duties for foremen and workers.
- • Ensure that the field operations are well organized, and efficient in the respective operation.
- • Participate in establishing goals and objectives for the field operations of the company.
- • Ensure that budget targets are met or exceeded, through on-site supervision and helping to establish action plans to beat the budget.
- • Trouble shoots difficult construction problems.
- • Motivate personnel / subcontractors / suppliers and service providers to maintain morale on the project.
- • Review subordinates periodically and make recommendations for improvements.
- • Make sure job cost feedback is furnished to subordinates.
- • Challenge others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model and mentor.
- • Inspire coworkers to attain goals and pursue excellence.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- 5 years previous experience working or equivalent construction experience.
- Civil Engineering background (i.e. CET) or equivalent experience;
- High attention to detail in completing work tasks.
- Must be knowledgeable in all aspects of civil construction; and focus on bridge restoration work
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning.
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures;
- Able to deal with people tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
- Ability to read and interpret Constructions Drawings
- Well informed about or proficient in the use of modern technology, especially computers.
- Based out of Saint John, NB. May travel around within the Atlantic provinces.
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Attn: Emily Turnbull
Please reference “Clayco Superintendent” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.