Survey Crew Chief
Dexter Construction is a large, diversified construction company engaged in all major aspects of the Heavy Civil Construction industry within the Atlantic Provinces. We are currently seeking applicants for a Survey Crew Chief in New Brunswick. The position may be based out of Moncton, Saint John or Fredericton.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct all work in accordance with company policies, procedures, and programs.
- Perform field surveys competently, accurately, and efficiently.
- Read and understand design drawings, maps, and construction drawings.
- Prepare field notes and sketches to assist in survey interpretation of tasks performed.
- Work with and maintain various survey tools and survey equipment.
- Communicate job status with regular updates to supervisor outlining current conditions. Work with project team supervision to prioritize tasks.
- Aggressively seek out opportunities to provide survey support as a value-added member of the team.
- All other duties as required
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Post-secondary education with a concentration in surveying/engineering.
- Must be familiar with field survey equipment and software.
- Must have a valid drivers’ license
- GPS experience.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Computer skill proficiency.
- Possess strong math skills required for survey calculations.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, as well as in a team environment.
- Bilingualism (English and French), would be an asset
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
Please note that this position may require travel.
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development
How to Apply:
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Attention: Chelsey Haley
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference “Survey Crew Chief” in the subject line
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.