Survey Crew Chief - Dexter Construction
Dexter Construction is a large, diversified construction company engaged in all major aspects of the heavy civil construction industry within the Atlantic Provinces. We are currently seeking applicants for a Survey Crew Chief based in New Glasgow, NS, working on the Highway 104 Twinning Project.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct all work in accordance with company policies, procedures, and programs
- Perform field surveys competently, accurately, and efficiently
- Read and understand design drawings, maps, and construction drawings
- Prepare field notes and sketches to assist in survey interpretation of tasks performed
- Work with and maintain various survey tools and survey equipment
- Communicate job status with regular updates to supervisor outlining current conditions
- Work with project team supervision to prioritize tasks
- Aggressively seek out opportunities to provide survey support as a value-added member of the team
- Perform other duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Post-secondary education with a concentration in surveying/engineering
- Must be familiar with field survey equipment and software
- GPS experience
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Computer skill proficiency
- Possess strong math skills required for survey calculations
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, as well as in a team environment
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
A comprehensive pension and benefits package is offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
How to Apply:
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Attn: Ryan Kidney
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference “Survey Crew Chief” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.