Surveyor - Dexter Construction
Dexter Construction is a large, diversified Construction Company engaged in all major aspects of the heavy civil construction industry within the Atlantic Provinces. We are currently seeking the qualifications and expertise of a Surveyor based out of Bedford, NS.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide work control lines and elevations required for accurate measurement and correct installation of materials
- Assist with performing layout work competently and accurately
- Provide topographic and cross-section surveys as required for planning and payment quantities
- Maintain condition and adjustment of surveying equipment
- Coordinate surveying activities with the assigned engineer to meet the construction requirements
- Protect and promote the interest of the company in all matters and to take actions as required to satisfy such responsibilities
- Ensure safety of fellow employees
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Post-secondary education with a concentration in surveying/engineering
- At least 3-5 years of surveying experience
- Must have a thorough knowledge of construction surveying
- CAD experience is considered an asset
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that projects are completed properly
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Attention: Chelsey Haley
Via Email: email@example.com
Please reference “Surveyor” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.