Fero Waste and Recycling Inc, a division of The Municipal Group of Companies, is a leading and dynamic solid waste company that services New Brunswick and Nova Scotia and is currently seeking the knowledge and expertise of full-time Swing driver based out of our Saint John, NB location.
The Swing driver is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of all our various Class 3 vehicles. The candidate in this position will also be responsible for inspecting, cleaning, and maintaining the equipment.This position is day shifts, Monday to Friday (eith early morning start time).
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive a tandem truck in a safe and efficient manner on assigned routes to fill contractual requirements;
- Ensure assigned routes are completed in a timely and safe manner
- Responsible for daily pre and post trip inspections of trucks assigned
- Check in with Dispatcher to determine what time to leave and return
- Load and unload materials, tools, and equipment under varying traffic and road conditions
- Maintain telephone or radio contact with appropriate supervisor to receive delivery instructions
- Advise Supervisor of any requirements for maintenance or repairs
- Report any driving infractions and/or suspensions
- Perform end of day driver check-ins to ensure complete and accurate paperwork completion
- Be aware of surroundings at all times
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task
- Protect and promote the interest of this company in all matters and to take actions as required to satisfy such responsibilities
- Ensure safety of fellow employees
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Valid commercial driver’s license with clear driver abstract
- Class 3 driver’s license in good standing
- Ability to follow a firm work schedule as directed by supervisor
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that projects are completed properly
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer focus
- Proven ability to multi-task & ability to prioritize tasks
- Previous waste and or recycling experience preferred
- Residential curbside collection experience preferred
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Attn: Human Resources
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference “Swing Driver” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume, quoting the position title.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.