Technical Support Representative - The Municipal Group of Companies
Led by Dexter Construction, the largest heavy civil contractor in Atlantic Canada, The Municipal Group of Companies is the corporate entity comprised of numerous diversified business units across many industries. Accumulating 4000+ employees, our services have grown to include several key areas of expertise mainly in heavy civil construction, mining services, environmental services, transportation, and courier services. We are currently looking for a Technical Support Representative based out of Bedford, NS.
You will be working within our Technical Support team to complete end to end resolutions for all arising IT issues. The Technical support team processes an average of 250 calls per week while also providing deskside support to our corporate office of almost 400 people. It is a busy role with the opportunity to learn a vast array of systems and work on unique projects to support the company’s business initiatives.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide telephone support relating to any technical issues throughout the organization
- Provide deskside support to all users resolving issues relating to hardware and applications.
- Utilize Microsoft’s o365 suite, and Active Directory for user administration.
- Enable hardware to support divisional user moves, and all required hardware / applications for new users.
- All Incident’s are worked via our ITSM (Solarwinds Service Desk)
- Resolve issues remotely using the Beyond Trust remote support agent and other tools.
- Any other duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Graduate, or job placement requirement from a recognized IT program or related diploma/degree.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Proficient in Microsoft o365, Terminal Server, Windows 10, Server 2016+
- Create and manage user accounts for Active Directory and ensuring permissions for network shares are accurate and confidential.
- Familiarity troubleshooting iOS mobile devices and mobile device management.
- Must have strong organizational skills and be able to effectively multitask in a fast-paced environment. All incidents will be triaged and processed in priority sequence documenting call notes within the Solarwinds Service Desk ITSM.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, persuasion skills, public speaking, negotiating skills; strong oral and written communicating skills; and able to communicate with all levels of staff, management, and executive.
- Willingness to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all employees, management, and outside contacts. Able to deal with a variety of differing customer demands/styles and challenges.
- Effective problem-solving skills with strength in both the technical and analytical areas.
- High attention to detail, with pride, passion, professionalism, and accountability.
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference “Technical Support Representative” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume, quoting the position title.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.